The Town Gown Awards (The TOGOs) celebrate the connections between Cornell University and local communities and highlight the achievements of local leaders who have left or are leaving high-profile positions. These awards have become an annual tradition in the local community.
TOGO Class of 2018
Tompkins Consolidated Area Transit
Southside Community Center
Tompkins County Council of Governments
Additional coverage of the 2018 program can be found here
Event photo gallery
togo class of 2016
Cancer Resource Center
The City of Ithaca Hospitality Employment Training Program
Downtown Ithaca Alliance
Cayuga Medical Center
EcoVillage at Ithaca
Additional coverage of the 2016 program can be found here.
TOGO class of 2015
• City of Ithaca Department of Public Works Engineering Division
• Groundswell Center for Local Food and Farming
• Community Foundation of Tompkins County
• Local Emergency Response Agencies
• Ithaca City School District
Additional coverage from the 2015 program can be found here.
togo class of 2014
Kids Discover the Trail
St. Luke’s – Collegetown community
Rev – Ithaca Start-Up Works
Area food distribution networks
Cayuga Lake Modeling Project
Additional coverage of the 2014 program can be found here.
togo class of 2013
• Tompkins County Area Development
• Ithaca Neighborhood Housing Services
• Dump and Run
• Cancer Resource Center of the Finger Lakes/CU post-doc program
• Pre-Orientation Service Trips Program
Additional coverage from the 2013 program can be found here.
togo class of 2012
• Tompkins Consolidated Area Transit
• Gorge Safety Task Force
• Ours & Yours
• Johnson Board Fellows Program
• Ithaca Schools - Cornell Working Group
Additional coverage from the 2012 program can be found here.
TOGO CLASS of 2011 (not pictured)
• Cornell Student United Way
• Public Service Center
• Ithaca Carshare
• College Discovery Program
• Tompkins County Chamber of Commerce
Additional coverage from the 2011 program can be found here.
In 2017, Cornell Community Relations was asked to present at the International Town Gown Association Conference in Eugene, Oregon.
Check out this piece written by Susan about her time at the conference.